Womans Cowl Neck Pullover with Drop Shoulders
Flat (Bottom-Up) Regular length Straight Pullover with Ribbing
Drop shoulder with Full length Narrow Taper sleeves with Ribbing
Shallow front neck and Flat back neck with Cowl collar
Pattern File Name: Loops & Threads woollike
Size: Standard Woman 36 for *
loops and threads wool like; acrylic;
Gauge (stocking stitch over 4 in = 10 cm): 32.0 sts by 48.0 rows.
Body knit by Toyota 950 using TD4
Gauge (ribbing st over 4 in = 10 cm): default sts by default rows.
Ribbing knit by Toyota 950 Ribber using TD3
FINISHED DIMENSIONS: (ins): ...
Chest: 37.0 Armhole: 16.0 Top Neck Opening: 8.6
Hem Width: 7.4 Front Neck Width: 7.3
Front Neck Depth: 0.5
Hem Width: 37.0 Sleeve Bottom: 7.4
Sleeve Length: 16.8
Body Length: 22.7 Hem Length: 2.0 Collar Length: 11.3
Hem Length: 2.5
NOTE: At most, 150 needles are required to make this garment.
1. Using ribber and TD3, cast on 149 sts in MY in 1x1 rib. Rib 34 rows.Transfer sts to main bed, increasing 1 st(s) evenly across the row to 150 sts total. COR.
2. Change to TD4 and stocking stitch, RC000. Work 148 rows.
3. Mark this row at both ends for armhole.
4. Work 96 more rows. Total 244 rows.
5. Back neck. Thread center 68 sts onto WY. 41 sts each side. Knit 6 rows with WY.
1-2 Follow steps 1 and 2 as for back. COR.
3. Armhole. Mark this row at both ends for armhole. Work 90 rows ( 238 rows total).
4. Shape neck. COR. Thread center 58 sts to WY. 46 sts each side.
5. Right neck. LH needles in HP. Dec 1 st at neck edge every row 5 times, until 41 sts remain. Work 1 rows even. Total 244 rows.
6. Cut yarn, leaving a 31.0 ins end. Work 6 rows WY. Place sts in HP.
7. Left neck. COL. Work as for right neck, reversing shapings.
1. Using ribber and TD3, cast on 61 sts in MY in 1x1 rib. Rib 28 rows.Transfer sts to main bed, increasing 1 st(s) evenly across the row to 62 sts total. COR.
2. Change to TD4 and stocking stitch, RC000.
3. Inc 1 st at each end of every 5th row 31 times, then every 6th row 3 times to 130 sts (173 rows total).
4. Work even to total 178 rows. COR.
5. Cast off loosely.
LEFT SHOULDER SEAM:
1. Graft shoulder seam on 41 sts.
SHALLOW FRONT NECK COWL COLLAR:
--- The instructions below are for a fairly loose collar that will roll naturally. Working to a tighter gauge will give a collar with a closer fit. Likewise, a looser gauge will give a looser fit. Optionally, the collar may be worked in any ribbing, pattern, or garter stitch, instead of stocking stitch.
--- The collar is worked in one piece, on the garment, with a seam on the left side. When finished, and rolled down, the right side will be showing.
1. Bring out 138 needles to HP.
2. With RIGHT side of work facing, rehang 68 sts from back neck holder, 6 sts from left front neck edge, 58 sts from front neck holder and 6 sts from right front neck edge. COR with TD4.
3. Work 136 rows. Cast off very loosely.
RIGHT SHOULDER SEAM:
1. As for left shoulder seam.
1. Sew sleeve top to armhole, easing to fit. Sew side and sleeve seams. Sew right shoulder and armhole seams.
2. Use invisible seam to sew the cowl collar seam. For the first 1.5 - 2 in (until the collar starts to roll out), join so that the bulk of the seam is on the inside, then join the remainder with the seam on the reverse side.
3. Darn/weave/sew in all loose ends.
AMOUNT OF YARN REQUIRED TO MAKE GARMENT:
--- WARNING. THIS IS A ROUGH ESTIMATE ONLY. Measure a sample piece for a more accurate calculation.
6.2 for body and sleeves
0.8 for ribbing and/or hems
1.1 for collar/hood
8.1 Ounces TOTAL
Pattern designed by: Peekabeaux Crafts Toyota